Log in with USB
Inloggen met vingerafdruk wordt binnenkort mogelijk.
Every vote on OnlineVotingTool.com must of course be safe and fair and cannot be influenced. We understand if you have questions about this topic and want to know how we make sure OnlineVotingTool.com is safe. In this article, we answer these questions. Do you want to know about privacy and how we handle personal data of voters? Then read the article about privacy
Can an election be hacked?
Unfortunately there are also online people and organizations active with bad intentions. Hackers regularly attack the systems of, for example, governments, banks, companies, hospitals and even nuclear installations. The possibility that an attempt will be made to hack an election via OnlineVotingTool.com cannot be ruled out. However, all IT security specialists agree that OnlineVotingTool.com is a much less interesting target for a hacker, because security is a top priority for us. Our motto: prevention is better than cure.
We take various security measures. We list a number of these below. However, we do not list them all, because hackers can of course also read this.
• Periodically an audit is carried out by an external online security company in order to continue to guarantee security. Safety has always turned out to be in order and we are continuing to develop it further.
• Access to the management accounts of servers and domains can only be obtained with a username + password + 2 factor authorization.
• Access to the web servers is via SSH with an RSA private key.
• All passwords are changed every 3 months or earlier if necessary.
• In production use HTTPS to securely transfer data between browser and server over the internet.
Do you want to know more about this subject or do you have any questions? Feel free to contact us.